Hi Everyone
I have looked at a couple of options instead of the scrapbook paper - don't get me wrong - it does do the trick and it is cheap, no doubt about that. My reason to shop around was to find a standard size paper to work on - that would be cheap to either mat or frame if someone wanted to do that.
I have found a block of watercolor paper at AC Moore that works and is cheap too. It is a Acid free Canson Mix media - 11 x 14. There are 60 sheets in the block and with a 50% coupon that I get weekly it was under $10.00 The quality is far superior to the scrapbook paper, and with a 11 x 14 you can get all kinds of mats and frames with no problem.
I have also done the math on the paint. I have not found anything cheaper and better than what we use now - but who knows maybe I will. BUT I have found again at AC Moore - if I buy the larger Apple Barrel 16fl oz with the coupons - I get for it for less than I do at Walmart.
I end up paying about $2.50 for 16 fl oz and I just refill my bottles and mix some of the colors.
Happy Painting :)
Thanks for posting Sys! OK to use a different size as long as you don't go smaller than 11 wide. You need that much space to do the cross over past the mediam. I'm always looking for good deals and do buy the bigger bottles and fill up my 8 oz. ones. If you try a different paint, just make sure it has a good consistency and isn't too gel-like.
ReplyDelete